Writing a winning proposal
The way to winning a grant
Even though the first steps in the fundraising cycle are crucial for success, the proposal itself is like the holy grail of fundraising. With a bit of luck, you can still find donors without proper research and networking, but without a good proposal, you have no chance of success. We all use the word proposal all the time in the fundraising world, but what does it actually mean? In this online course, we will take a detailed look at the proposal, the parts of the proposal, and things you have to keep in mind when writing a proposal to be a successful fundraiser.
Learn everything you need to know about the proposal writing process in this online course!
The proposal is the document that you prepare for the donor to convince them that you are the perfect fit for them. A proposal has many different parts and it can be confusing at times, as definitions are very specific and applicants need to be familiar with the vocabulary. In todays crowded fundraising world, it is important to have a proposal that shines and distinguishes itself from the many others - that needs to be special and specifically well crafted. This is why we have designed this online course.
In this online course, you will learn:
- What is a project proposal
- What are the most important parts of a project proposal
- Who should work on the project proposal
- What do you have to look out for before submitting a proposal
- How can you streamline your proposal to make sure there is a red threat
- How to deal with rejection
- What to do when your proposal is successful
This online course consists of:
- A video with tips and tricks from our instructor Eva Wieners, where she shares her experiences from more than a decade in the fundraising field
- Lectures that will give you crucial information
- A quiz that will make sure you understood everything you need to know
- A cheat sheet with all the important information for when you are in a hurry
- A small workbook that will help you to implement the learned lessons in your organization
Don´t hesitate and learn how to develop a winning proposal today. With a strategic approach, you will see your fundraising taking a turn to the positive in no time!
Hello there! My name is Eva Wieners and I have worked for the past seven years with NGOs on the grassroots level in Nepal in the field of fundraising, capacity development and promotion of sustainable agricultural practices. I have worked on countless proposals for international foundations and have a lot of experience with fundraising – particularly in the field of small grants. Before coming to Nepal, I worked in South America and Europe. I hold a masters (diploma) degree of geography, agriculture, and management and am currently finishing my PhD with the University of Hamburg, Germany. I am super excited to be working with you and to share my knowledge! Lets get started
StartWelcome to Module 5 - The Project Proposal
StartVideo: Writing a winning proposal (29:20)
StartWhat is a project proposal?
StartGoals, Objectives, Stragegies and Activities
StartMonitoring & Evaluation
StartThe sustainability plan
StartTime Line and Workplan
StartThe project budget
StartBefore you submit
StartWhat to do if your proposal is rejected or accepted?
StartQuiz Module 5
Frequently Asked Questions
Enroll in this course now to learn everything you need to know about how to develop a successful fundraising strategy for your organization! See you on the inside!